An early Danny Ormerod goal proved the difference as the Ravens fell to their first defeat since November away at AFC Fylde on Saturday.

With four minutes on the clock, Grant Smith did well to clear his lines, finding Josh Passley on the right flank. The ball was expertly touched down by the wing-back who floated it into the box where Michael Cheek was positioned to loop a header onto the roof of the net.

Fylde posed an attacking threat in the opening stages and broke the dead-lock on 11 minutes when Ormerod slotted home in front of the travelling Ravens.

Up the other end and Louis Dennis had an opportunity to equalise when Olufela Olomola did well to find the number 11 just inside the box. However, Dennis struck low and it was evenly matched by Fylde ‘keeper Theo Richardson.

Immediately after that opportunity, the hosts flexed their attacking muscles and almost extended their lead when Ethan Mitchell let fly from range, but his effort bounced narrowly past Smith’s left post.

The Ravens did have the ball in the net when Corey Whitely rounded the Fylde ‘keeper before slotting into an empty net. However, the linesman’s flag was already raised for offside.

Bromley stopper Smith was called into action just past the half-hour mark when Connor Barrett did well to fizz an effort towards goal from a tight angle, but the Ravens’ number one tipped the ball past the post.

Early into the second 45, a brilliant Bromley counter-attack, which started with Olomola lofting a ball towards Cheek who slotted it through to Whitely. However, the wide-man saw his effort saved.

The Bromley number 18 tried to tuck the ball underneath Richardson moments later, but the latter made no mistake in collecting and maintaining his clean sheet.

Fylde went on to hit the post, forcing Smith into saving the rebound before substitute Mitchel Bergkamp couldn’t keep an effort down after he was cleverly found by Olomola.

That proved to be that for Bromley as the hosts came away with all three points.

Sign up for our Newsletter