Despite Ben Krauhaus’ equaliser in the second half, the Ravens exit the FA Trophy at the semi-final stage, losing 2-1 to Solihull Moors.

The wind caused all sorts of problems in the first period, meaning neither side really looked like nicking an early goal. The first real effort of the tie came on 24 minutes when Olufela Olomola did well to pull the ball back to Jude Arthurs who struck well, but it was blocked by the Solihull back-line.

Jon Benton was played through on goal moments later and when trying to poke it into the bottom corner, it deflected wide via Grant Smith.

Solihull did have their noses in front just past the half-hour mark in controversial circumstances when Alex Whitmore’s effort was adjudged to have crossed the line, despite Smith’s efforts to keep it out.

The visitors pushed on from there and Tyrese Shade almost made it two, forcing the Bromley number one into another save.

Minutes before the break, a sliding Nana Boateng latched onto the end of a cross in from the right, but he could only direct the ball wide.

Moments later and Jamey Osborne charged forward before striking against the post from range just before Jay Benn was denied by Smith from a tight angle.

The Bromley ‘keeper was called into action again shortly after half-time to deny Shade, before the Ravens bagged their equaliser 10 minutes later. Idris Odutayo did well to float in a free-kick which bounced back off the bar before falling to Krauhaus who fired home to level proceedings.

Odutayo was in the thick of it again when he delivered another fantastic ball into the box, this time finding the head of Olomola who could only direct it over the bar.

Whitmore secured his brace with 15 minutes to go after a corner wasn’t dealt with and he was able to convert Solihull’s second.

Smith made a couple more strong saves before James Vennings, who came on off the bench, lofted in a free-kick which was looped over the bar by Callum Reynolds as Bromley pushed for a late equaliser.

Nine minutes were added at the end and deep into stoppage time, Cheek headed an effort wide as the Ravens couldn’t quite snatch a late equaliser.

Next up, we head to Barnet on Tuesday night.

Sign up for our Newsletter