The Ravens came away 3-2 winners at Maidstone, clinching a vital three points in their play-off push.

Despite Bromley dominating first half proceedings, it was the hosts who took the lead thanks to Josh Shonibare who slotted home after being played through on goal.

On 20 minutes, Omar Sowunmi floated in a fantastic ball towards Corey Whitely who touched it down expertly before attempting to tuck it into the bottom corner, but his effort was saved.

It was another ball into the box from Sowunmi soon after, this time through a throw-in. The ball eventually lands to Louis Dennis who forces a brilliant defensive block.

James Vennings then headed wide a Billy Bingham cross moments before Kellen Fisher and Michael Cheek posed an attacking threat with the latter finding Vennings who struck into the ‘keeper’s gloves via a deflection.

Bromley finally grabbed their equaliser after Cheek slid a ball across the face of goal before it was blasted home by Dennis.

On the stroke of half-time, Bromley turned the game on its head after Deji Elerewe fired home the Ravens’ second from close range, netting his first for the club.

The second half began just like the first did, with a Maidstone goal. This time scored by Sam Bone.

It almost got worse for the Ravens as the hosts had the ball in the net again, but the linesman’s flag prevented the Stones from regaining their lead.

Harry Forster came on and made an immediate impact, doing well to find Dennis who couldn’t convert from close range before Sol Wanjau-Smith almost netted up the other end, cutting inside before drilling low, forcing Reice Charles-Cook into a save.

Forster started on the bench alongside Charley Kendall who also came on, but his evening was cut short on 79 minutes when he was shown a straight red card after a strong challenge.

Whitely tried his luck when he bent an effort just over the bar before the Ravens won the game on 90 minutes. Whitely in the thick of it again as he saw his shot saved before Dennis buried in the rebound.

The drama didn’t end there though as Raphe Brown was also shown a straight red for Maidstone after a hefty tackle on Stirk.

The Ravens held on during the eight minutes of stoppage time to clinch another important win.

Sign up for our Newsletter