Goals from Ben Krauhaus, Idris Odutayo and Corey Whitely helped secure a 3-1 win at Oxford City on Tuesday night as the Ravens clinched a top three finish for the first time ever!

It proved to be the dream start for Bromley as Krauhaus charged forward before slotting into the bottom corner with just seconds on the clock.

One quickly became two when Idris Odutayo fired home a free-kick on four minutes, hammering home from from just outside the box.

Bromley continued to push and almost got their third when a Jude Arthurs free-kick eventually came out to Ashley Charles on the edge of the area. The midfielder struck well, but his resulting effort was well dealt with by Tom Watson in the Oxford net.

The Ravens were awarded another free-kick which happened to be in the same position as Odutayo’s strike. However, this time, Michael Cheek stepped up, but his low strike fizzed just wide.

Bromley’s number nine was in the thick of it again when he pounced on a defensive mistake before charging forward and seeing his strike saved by Watson on 39 minutes.

As half-time neared, Odutayo maintained his danger at set-pieces when he floated a free-kick in from the left, finding Kamarl Grant in the box who rose high before looping a header just over the bar.

Moments after the restart and Bromley continued to hunt for a third when Whitely charged forward before trying to slot home from close range, but Watson did well to tip the ball behind.

Minutes later and after some brilliant attacking play by Myles Weston and Jude Arthurs led to Krauhaus cutting inside, the latter fired towards goal, forcing the Oxford ‘keeper to spill the ball before eventually stopping it from creeping over the line.

Just past the hour mark and Bromley clinched their third when Weston produced some fantastic skill to skip past the defence before feeding Cheek through. His initial effort was saved before Whitely pounced on the rebound to extend Bromley’s lead.

Grant Smith was called into action to produce a couple of strong saves before the hosts did pull one back on 74 minutes after Harvey Greenslade bagged a well-taken goal.

That proved to be that though as the Ravens saw out another convincing victory to book their place in the play-off semi-final.

Up next, we head to Gateshead on Saturday with second spot up for grabs.

Sign up for our Newsletter