The Ravens picked up maximum points at Plainmoor on Tuesday night, winning 2-1 against Torquay United.

The hosts piled on the pressure in the opening couple of minutes, but it was Bromley who tried their luck first. Adam Marriott did well to pick the ball up before sliding it through to Harry Forster. However, the number 19 saw his drilled effort deflect out for a corner.

Up the other end and it was Torquay’s time to have a pop at goal. Aaron Jarvis was played through, but he was denied by both the linesman’s flag and the racing Reice Charles-Cook who made a fantastic save.

Moments later, Louis Dennis, who loves a goal against Torquay, struck from range, forcing Torquay ‘keeper Mark Halstead into a smart save.

The best chance of the opening minutes fell to Torquay though as Tope Fadahunsi played in a brilliant ball across goal for Lewis Collins to pounce on. He did just that, but his close range effort whistled over the bar.

Brett McGavin twisted and turned in the box before his low shot rolled just wide of the post shy of the half-hour mark before Charles-Cook made another great save, this time for an effort that wasn’t ruled out for offside. Kieron Evans was found hunting for the opener, but his rocket from a tight angle was tipped over by the Bromley shot-stopper.

Eventually, on 34 minutes, the dead-lock was broken. A corner was whipped in from the right by Ryan Stirk and up jumped goal machine Omar Sowunmi to nod home the opener.

Sowunmi’s defensive partner Byron Webster saw his evening cut short just before five minutes of stoppage time was added on, coming off with an injury and was replaced by Callum Reynolds.

The second half started as the first ended, with a Bromley sub. This time, Michael Cheek came off for Mitchel Bergkamp.

Torquay piled on the pressure and on 52 minutes, nearly found the equaliser as Kieron Evans’ drilled cross was palmed away by Charles-Cook before multiple rebounded efforts were blocked.

The Bromley ‘keeper was called into action again, this time making the save of the game to deny an effort from close range.

Chances kept falling to Torquay who eventually took one of them after a free-kick was floated in towards Jarvis who poked home from close range.

Celebrations were cut short though as the Ravens were awarded a penalty when James Vennings was challenged in the box. Adam Marriott stroked the resulting spot-kick home to make it 2-1.

That was the final notable piece of action as the Ravens held on to clinch an important three points.

Sign up for our Newsletter