31 August 2015

Forest Green Rovers 2-1 Bromley

  • Men's

Bromley headed to The New Lawn on Bank Holiday Monday looking for the first win since the opening day of the season against undefeated Forest Green Rovers.

Bromley headed in to the game with two changes to the starting line up. Paul Rodgers and Pierre Joseph-Dubois replaced Ben Chorley and Bradley Goldberg from the previous match against Dover.

Forest Green Rovers started strong and put Bromley under spells of pressure early in to the game, and with only 6 minutes in the clock, Forest Green Rovers were giving a corner to which Frear executed perfectly into the Bromley 6 yard box where Aarran Racine was waiting to head the ball home, however James Jennings has also claimed the goal for the home side. Bromley hit back only one minute later thanks to a free kick taken by Ali Fuseini. The ball was crossed high and Alex Wall’s perfectly timed header managed to lob the keeper and in to the back of the net much to the surprise of the home side and their fans. Bromley then took hold of the game and nearly went 2-1 up in the 17th minute when Moses Emmanuel’s shot from outside of the box could only be parred away by the home keeper. However, than 15 minutes later Bromley was forced to make a substitution when Joseph-Dubois when to ground with a suspected hamstring injury. Bradley Goldberg came on as his replacement and moved upfront alongside Alex Wall, with Moses Emmanuel moving to the wing. Just minutes later Forest Green Rovers then found themselves in a similar position to Bromley, when they was forced to make a substitution due to an injury sustained to Dale Bennett who made way for Delano Sam-Yorke. Despite the encouraging performance from The team, the players fed victim to a controversial goal when a corner was crossed in to the Bromley box fell to the feet of Sam-Yorke who managed to flick the ball on to James Jennings which went back out to Sam-Yorke and as Sam-Yorke fired the shot towards goal Jennings fell to the ground on the goal line and was able to turn his body to get the ball across the line. Bromley players and fans strongly believed the goal was offside as Jennings was ahead off all players but one as the ball was played in including Alan Julian. The linesman and referee gave the goal and Bromley went in at half time undeservedly a goal behind.

The second half saw much of the same as both teams came out of the blocks looking to get a goal and the first chance fell to Forest Green Rovers as Elliott Frear’s left footed shot from outside the box was saved by Alan Julian. Bromley continued to press for the equaliser and called on their second substitute of the game. Ben May was brought on for Reece Prestedge to add more power and height upfront. The team gave everything against the league leaders but was unable to find the goal to put them level.

Once again the club would like to thank the 78 fans to travelled to support the club.


Sign up for our Newsletter