19 March 2022

Report: Bromley 0-0 Wrexham

  • Men's

Bromley were held 0-0 against Wrexham in a cagey affair at Hayes Lane.

The first real opportunity fell to the Ravens when Joe Partington’s cross fell to Michael Cheek, who failed to control the ball when found with just the keeper to beat.

Aaron Hayden then headed wide from a Luke Young corner. Young’s deliveries kept causing issues for the Bromley backline, when Wrexham defender Max Cleworth missed a great chance to give the visitors the lead by heading the ball wide unmarked.

Bromley attacked, with Wagstaff driving the ball forward but failing to find Cheek, seeing his cross go just wide. Bromley gained momentum from that moment, with this time Corey Whitely finding Jude Arthurs with a cross – the midfielder headed just wide. It was a half of few opportunities for both teams.

In the second half, Cleworth’s cross found Paul Mullin, who could only head straight at Balcombe. Bromley came closest to scoring shortly after. The ball landed to Luke Coulson who forced a save from Rob Lainton, with Al-Hamadi failing to score on the rebound with the ball eventually landing to Cheek who shot over the bar.

Ben Tozer took a long throw-in, with the ball falling to James Jones who skied his effort over the bar. Bromley thought they had taken the lead through Coulson who appeared to be offside as he rounded substitute goalkeeper Christian Dibble and scored with ease.

With just four minutes remaining of the game, Billy Bingham’s effort from 30 yards went just wide. Then, in added time, Whitley’s header went just wide from Coulson’s delivery in what was to be one of the last chances for the Ravens to get all three points. 

Bromley: 13 Ellery Balcombe, 2 Joe Partington, 17 Byron Webster, 5 Chris Bush, 8 Jude Arthurs, 4 Billy Bingham, 7 Luke Coulson, 18 Corey Whitely, 12 Scott Wagstaff (Parsons), 37 Ali Al-Hamadi (Alabi), 9 Michael Cheek 

Unused Subs: 34 Jack Cawley, 16 Liam Trotter, 21 James Vennings

Report by Alex Exadactylos

Sign up for our Newsletter