14 September 2019

Report: Eastleigh 1-1 Bromley

  • Men's

Bromley’s unbeaten run was extended to eleven matches, as a late equaliser from Cavaghn Miley salvaged Eastleigh a point.

The first half didn’t see many clear cut chances. The first effort of note fell to Adrian Clifton, who went through on goal at an angle and shot low, forcing a smart save from Max Stryjek.

Not long after, the hosts reminded Bromley of their threat, as Ben Williamson took advantage of some defensive indecision to go one on one with Mark Cousins, but could only slip the ball underneath him and into the side netting.

Bromley could have gone ahead on 25 minutes, as Reeco Hackett-Fairchild rose highest to meet a Luke Coulson corner with his head, but he couldn’t connect properly and flicked the ball wide. Moments later, Marc-Anthony Okoye got to another Coulson delivery first, this time a free kick, but could only head straight at Stryjek.

After the break, it would be the hosts who would go close first. After the Ravens only partly cleared their lines, Danny Hollands lined up a blistering volley from the edge of the box, which was expertly tipped over the crossbar by Cousins.

However, Bromley would strike just minutes after. An excellent, lofted, curling pass from Hackett-Fairchild arced to meet the run of Coulson, who took a touch and lobbed Stryjek from just inside the box.

Yet, around 20 minutes later, Eastleigh levelled things up. After a Marcus Barnes cross was deflected onto the crossbar by a white shirt, the loose ball fell to Cavaghn Miley in the centre of the box, and he lashed the ball beyond Cousins.

Straight from kickoff, in what was the final real chance, Hackett-Fairchild received possession on the edge of the box and beat his man, but saw his curling effort tipped wide by Stryjek.

Bromley XI: Cousins, Kizzi, Wood, Okoye (C), Coulson (Rees), Raymond, Bingham, Bush, Clifton (Holland), Hackett-Fairchild, Doughty (Henry)

Unused subs: Mekki, Klass

Photo: Ryan Tanner

Sign up for our Newsletter