14 October 2017

Report: Emirates FA Cup – Dover Athletic 0-0 Bromley

  • Men's

Bromley and Dover Athletic played out a goalless stalemate at Crabble on Saturday afternoon, meaning a replay will take place at the H2T Group Stadium on Tuesday.

Although Bromley began on the front foot, it was the hosts who had the first chance, as former Bromley winger Mitch Pinnock attempted to lob David Gregory, who was off his line, but fortunately for Bromley, his effort bounced into the ground and onto the roof of the net.

On 24 minutes, Dover had two good chances. Firstly, Pinnock attempted to rifle in an effort at the back post, but found teammate Ryan Bird in the way of his effort, inadvertently directing it wide for a goal kick. Soon after, Pinnock appeared to control the ball with his hand, but play was waved on, ending in the winger shooting high and wide.

Kadell Daniel then had the chance to shoot after picking up a loose ball in the Bromley box, but an excellent last ditch sliding tackle from Jack Holland stopped him in his tracks.

On the stroke of half time, Bromley played some good attacking football, resulting in Brett Williams having the chance to strike at goal, only to see his effort, which was on target, well blocked.

After the break, Bromley started the second half as they did the first, and this almost paid off immediately, with Louis Dennis breaking through at an angle and crossing for Adam Mekki, who was unable to get enough contact on the ball with his head to strike it goalwards.

On 66 minutes however, came the best chance of the game for either side. Alan Dunne worked his way into an attacking position down the right, and put a high ball into the box, which fell kindly to the feet of Dennis, who was unlucky to see his first time effort go inches wide.

After this, good chances were few and far between, but Holland nearly gave Bromley the lead when he rose highest to connect with a Frankie Raymond corner, but saw his header fall onto the roof of the net.

The remainder of the half saw the sides cancel each other out as both looked for a passage through to the next round, yet, both had to settle for a replay, to take place on Tuesday 17th October at the H2T Group Stadium.

Report by Matt Hall

Sign up for our Newsletter