22 February 2022

Report: Weymouth 2-2 Bromley

  • Men's

The points were shared in Dorset as the Ravens drew 2-2 at Weymouth.

The first chance of the game fell Bromley’s way in the opening seconds as Corey Whitely struck from the edge of the box, but it was well saved.

Moments later and the Ravens were back on the attack, this time it was Michael Cheek, drilling wide from close range.

Scott Wagstaff then got amongst the attacking action, picking up a loose ball, but after trying to slot from close range, it was saved by the Weymouth ‘keeper.

Up the other end and Weymouth tested Mark Cousins as Brandon Goodship struck low from the edge of the box, forcing the ‘keeper into a save down to his right.

On the 26th minute mark, the Ravens regained their attacking threat and came close to opening the scoring again as Luke Coulson struck from distance, with his effort going just wide.

One minute later, some fantastic play from Louis Dennis eventually found Connor Parsons who struck with venom against the near-post.

Weymouth came even closer seconds later with the post coming to save Bromley this time. Dan Smith latched onto the end of a corner, striking against the post from close range.

Yet another chance to opening the scoring fell the visitors’ way with Cheek producing a downward header into the arms of the Weymouth ‘keeper.

Just past the hour mark and the dead-lock was eventually broken, as Tom Bearwish’s free header at the back-post beat Cousins.

Coulson then looped a cross towards the back-post, but Whitely couldn’t quite divert it into the back of the net.

Weymouth had a great chance to double their lead as Aaron Drewe drilled a shot low, forcing Cousins into a save.

The Ravens eventually found their equaliser early into the second half as Parsons produced some fantastic footwork before firing into the back of the net.

With 20 minutes remaining, the Ravens attempted to turn the game on its head as Wagstaff’s strike from distance flew narrowly over the bar.

However, it was the hosts who took the lead again with a goal-mouth scramble eventually rolling into the back of the net.

The lead didn’t last long though as Cheek latched onto a fantastic ball through from Whitely before firing into the roof of the net.

Two nearly became three when Joe Partington struck low late on with his effort fizzing just past the post.

Parts was in the thick of it again, crossing in for Omar Sowunmi who saw his downward header fantastically saved.

Right at the death, deep into stoppage time, substitute Mason Bloomfield was played through, but the former Barnet man went for placement and it was saved.

Up next in the league is a trip to Torquay in just under two week’s time.

Sign up for our Newsletter