18 March 2023

Report & Reaction: Bromley 1-2 Wrexham

  • Interviews
  • Men's
Report & Reaction: Bromley 1-2 Wrexham

The Ravens fell to a 2-1 defeat at home to table toppers Wrexham at Hayes Lane in front of a bumper crowd.

With a number of changes, including a debut for young keeper Sam Long and first start for Deji Elerewe, it was Wrexham who started the game strongly having struck the crossbar twice within the first eight minutes. Bromley almost came close themselves, with defender Callum Reynolds looping effort sailing just over the bar, an audacious attempt from within the Bromley half. 

Despite Wrexham pressing from the front, Bromley were able to find gaps in midfield and almost came close once more, with Michael Cheek’s effort blocked from six yards by Wrexham defender Eoghan O’Connell. 

The Ravens went into the second half having created very few chances and looking to grab the opening goal. It was the visitors, however, who broke the deadlock on 57 minutes with Paul Mullin on the end of a close range header to put the Welsh side ahead.

Four minutes later, Mullin doubled Wrexhams lead, an overhead kick at the far post finding the back of the net.

The Ravens did pull one back following some good work from substitute Louis Dennis, with Cheek tapping in from close range, bringing the Ravens back into the game. 

With just under 15 minutes left to play, Cheek came close to adding a second with a fantastic through ball by Ryan Stirk, the striker narrowly missing the target.

Another chance for Bromley came in the form of Corey Whitely, missing the opportunity to equalise in the 88th minute. 

Despite the push for another goal, the ravens couldn’t find that equalising goal and were disappointed to come away with nothing.

However, it was fantastic to see over 5,000 spectators at Hayes Lane – a modern day record number for the club!

Bromley next face a trip up to Huish Park next Saturday as they take on Yeovil Town.

Written by Jason Lourenco

Sign up for our Newsletter